The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Friday, September 22, 2006

read a good book

So I've been trying to do more reading lately, you know, not just for class, but reading for fun. Anyways, I've come across this author, Jon Krakauer, who, actually, Scott Boone recommended to me a long while ago. I had to read one of his books for a class - "Into Thin Air" - about his attempt to climb Mount Everest. An amazing book! So, I decided to read another book by him that was recommended to me initially by Mr. Boone, called "Under the Banner of Heaven." It's about the history of the Mormon church and the Mormon Fundamentalists and a murder that took place back in the mid-eighties. Krakauer is an amazing writer and a very objective reporter. The man has done his research. So anyways, I just wanted to recommend "Under the Banner of Heaven" to you all because I think it sheds a lot of light on a lot of things that we don't know about the Mormon church. Besides, it's a good read.

Jordan M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home