The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Reflection

This weekend, I had a heart to heart with a friend and came to the conclusion that I myself was not living the life of a strong christian. After telling my friend of some struggles ive had, she was amazed and sort of disappointed - saying that I was the strongest christian she had seen, and she didnt expect such things out of me. This sort of was a blow below the belt - because I had never regarded my actions as remotely bad, just human. This and I had never thought i was the "strongest christian" - sort of a big title to fill. However, after hearing what she had to say - i began to think. I have not been living as christian of a life as I should. I've used the excuse of being "human" to participate in gossip, or the such. However, as i recently realized, the label "child of god" should be the one that I am striving to show, instead of "human" or "teenager." I guess it takes hitting the bottom, to get you truely on track. I think this was exactly what I needed to get the focus i need for the summer. Sometimes a slap in the face, can get you straight once again.

1 Comments:

At 4/26/2005 5:56 PM, Blogger JtotheSstaff said...

when you're knocked down and layed out on your back is the best time to see God...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home