The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Summer Draws to a Close

So, here I am, back at school; all moved in less than 24 hours after I left camp. RA training is rather boring, and I have to say, collectively the people just don't have the quality of character that my fellow Rockfishers have. I feel a little lost sometimes--I feel, in a way, like a freshman again. I have a brand new suite this year and they are all freshmen. My RA friends are still on my staff, but really, if I had to pick, I would still surround myself with folks like the 7 of you (Danielle is a part of this business now) and Li'l Jeff and the brothers Lansing. I miss my strong brothers and sisters in Christ already. But, I have faith that God will bless me with an awesome suite again this year. I just ask, though, that you all please pray for me, that I make some strong strong Christian friends and that the friendships run deep--much deeper than the ones I had last year. I do have that tendency to be a bit of an outsider at times. Anyways, I'm just rambling. I miss you all, and I love you all so much!

Grace and Peace
McCoy

1 Comments:

At 8/04/2005 4:27 PM, Blogger JtotheSstaff said...

I, too, have a case of Rockfish homesickness. While past years havent bothered me as much, my greatly-increased attachment to camp has lead to a greatly-increased case of the sickness this year. I got home at about 1:15am tuesday and was moved in at school by 2:30pm tuesday. I almost died driving home, i was waaaaaay too tired from the trip and Brooke keeping me around too late monday night. I was swerving in and out of lanes and onto shoulders the entire drive...not safe...i will never do that again. I'm still pretty tired too, i have definitely not recovered enough rest yet.
As i told Jordan today, by yesterday i was already itching to be back doing camp things again. This whole RA training thing is not only way too chill, but involves way to much sitting around and not doing camp things. I very nearly obtained a quick fix of doing camp things by going rock climbing last night, but i chose to hang out with my momma instead. Which was good, but now i cant climb for a lot of days or something. I think i will have to get into the rockwall here on campus. If not, i could go crazy or something.
I do indeed miss you all...the RA staff for my hall are pretty cool people, but certainly not stellar like Rockfish kids. I had the same thought as Jordan...definitely overall lower quality of folks. But i shant be gloomy! They are good folks nonetheless.
Anywho, i love and miss you ALL and hope this week of camp is simply incredible.

Luke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home