The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Just a Little Morsel of Inspiration

Heh, I realize that I don't post on here incredibly often but I came across a few pieces of scripture in 2 Corinthians that I found to be pretty inspiring so I thought I would share them with you kids.


The first thing I came across was 2 Corinthians 3:3 which says:


"and you show that you are a letter of Christ, prepared by us, written not with ink, but with the spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts."


When I first read this, my thoughts immediately went to camp and what our ministry is there this summer. Our only real job this summer is to allow the Spirit of the Lord work through us, to be a "letter of Christ" and write on the hearts of each and every child that comes through camp this summer. Then later in verse 17 it says "where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." We don't need to worry about what happens this summer, whether we're not good enough to share God's word, or not prepared enough to take part in this ministry because God is bigger than all of our worries and insufficencies.


The next thing I came across has to do with what Luke addressed a few days ago about coming together as a staff, something I know we have all thought about as this summer has been approaching. In chapter 5 of 2 Corinthians, verse 16 it says:


"From Now on, therefore, we regard no one from a human point of view even though we once knew Christ from a human point of view. We know him no longer in that way."


When we come to know Christ, it is part of our job to start to view one another throught Christ's eyes and to see Christ in everyone. It is when we start doing this that division is lessonsed and we can grow into a tighter family unit.


Well I suppose this is all I have to say for now, I shall being seeing you all soon and truly can't wait.

much love,
brooke!

1 Comments:

At 5/11/2005 9:20 PM, Blogger JtotheSstaff said...

I really like what you said...one very big thing I learned this year is that the key to seeing God move in your life and through you is to truly let Him take over more parts of your life--humility! God made a verse very clear to me about this back in november/december, and then spoke to me this entire past semester about humility. The verse is 2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." His power is PERFECT in our weakness! In other words, God can truly increase in our lives when we decrease. It's so amazing! It's like we get in His way when we try to do stuff--our real job is to humble ourselves so that He can work through us. This one pray service i was just crying the whole time over how unworthy and weak I was and how i couldnt understand why God wanted to use me. Then a few days later at church during worship, God just spoke to me so clearly--it was as if He was saying, "I know your weak! But the point is that it's MY power that does everything, so it doesnt matter how strong or weak you are." And then I remembered the verse above, and saw how by humbling me that Wednesday at prayer that He could work better in me.
God is so good! This hightened understanding of humility is something that has revolutionized my understanding of God. And it certainly applies to all of life and at camp--making sure that we arent trying to do things out of our own power or selfish desires. I know, for example, that sometimes i just wanna get up in front of people and preach about something--but often it seems that that's out of selfishness, and if it is than it wont be as fruitful as i want because i'm not letting God work. But anyways, i'm glad you said that Brooke because it's something that has been very close to my heart for the past six months.

Luke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home