The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Clean Toes

So I got home around 12:30ish on Tuesday afternoon and almost immediately crashed on my couch and took a good two hour nap, which was then followed by a 45 minute shower, and a lengthy session of cleaning my toe nails and repainting them quite charmingly glittery purple; HOWEVER, even the loveliness of finally having clean toenails doesn't quite make up for being away from camp. I even tried to drown my campsickness in a good ol' batch of parflesnarf, but it's just not the same.

I agree with what Luke said, I believe we all (except maybe Jordan Cauley) have gained a newfound attachment to camp. I think a HUGE part of that results from how much of ourselves we poured into this ministry, which we had to do since it was such a vital, cornerstone year, but moreover I think we got to experience a lot more this summer. We truly got to see how BIG God can be when we just allow Him to work through us, not to mention some wicked awesome teams, new friends, and activities.

Sometimes I am reminded of how much of a "camp nerd" I am when I listen to myself talk to other people and realize that a good portion of my stories have to do with camp and usually you guys...sigh...memories. It was nice though, last night I was talking to Rique on the phone and I didn't have to worry about him not being in on the camp thing, cause he was right there with me, sharing camp stories and missing it dearly.

********

So this whole European expedition of mine begins on Monday. I'm really, really excited. I was looking on the website at the program schedule of all the sessions and meetings and forums they are going to have and almost ALL of them have something to do with music and dance from another country. How exciting is that, to see how other people worship God.

It reminds me of a conversation I had with Nick (from the kitchen a few years ago) and he was saying something about how so often we think that our way of worship is the only way to go, our standing in churches and singing to the songs, "but what about the people down in Brazil or something just beating their drums and dancing in a field". Ahh there is just so much value to being exposed to different cultures and I am definitely looking forward to some kickin' dance music in some language I don't speak...whoo hoo!

I really need to pack, but I have yet to get around to it...maybe sometime around 1 this morning I will feel motivated...who knows...i'm out though, so I too will leave my deepest love and longing for you kids.

peace,
brooke

2 Comments:

At 8/05/2005 12:11 PM, Blogger livetoshine said...

i didnt say that you hated it i was just saying that because you did have such a hard time this summer you didn' t experience the same new attachment as the rest of us

 
At 8/06/2005 8:15 PM, Blogger ME said...

...I can agree. The home i once knew...was a kum ba yah camp. I liked it. It was hard for me because in that setting i did accept Christ and drew the closest to him. Jordan..i mean i dont thhink i can completely ever comprehend, but i know how i feel and if it relates to how you feel...well yeah...i know what you mean.

You knwo those photo websites....we should all post our pics there...it would be so much fun. Does anyone concur?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home