The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Because Luke Said So

"God I'm losing apathy/ and God, I'm gaining urgency/ God I will follow just show me the way/ Show me a world that is hungry for, thirsty for, God"
-Urgency by Brevada

Ahh this song is so amazing. I heard this song for the first time last night, well actually it was the first time I heard the band (unfortunately it was their last show) and its so amazing!

Luke told me to post in here, so I am going to.

Hmm, lets see...Lent has begun, and this year I made my Lenten resolution to have two-thirty minute quiet times every day, once in the morning and once at night. So far I have stuck to it and its been really great.

One verse that I have came across during one of these quiet times was Deutreronomy 30:19 which says, "I call heaven and earth to witness you today that I have set before you life and deth, blessings and curses. Choose life so that you and your descendants may live."

God gives us so many choices, so much free will, we don't have to follow Him, but why not? Look anywhere in the Bible and sin just seems SOO SOO STUPID, not worth the eternal suffering that comes from choosing to live that lifestyle.

God's been working in me a lot, really revealing things to me and it's been good, it's nice to feel really intune with Him, although today I must admit that I am in a weird mood that is making me lose focus, which I hate.

I am so ready for the summer and ready to be done with school. I feel really overwhelmed not just with school work but emotionally and I am can't really pinpoint the source of it all. I just don't want to be at school or at least not in the academic part of school.

I am really excited about all the plans we have for the summer, just being able to really and truly serve God with our entire bodies and making our everyday lives a ministry. Its so exciting, it will be amazing to see how God will start using us when we open up our hearts and lives completely for his use. We should all start working on this already, right now, finding outlets to serve God and allowing Him to use us, not just push it off waiting for the summer.

ok I don't feel like this a very good post but I shall write more later, when my brain and heart are more focused.

peace out kids, I am praying for you all everyday...live it up for the Big man

-Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home