The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Accuse Me of Madness

Hosea 9:7
The Days of punishment are coming
the days of reckoning ar at hand.
Let Israel know this
Because your sins are so many
and your hostility so great,
the prophet is considered a fool
the inspired man a maniac

2 Corinthians 5:13-17
If we are out of our minds it is for the sake of God; if we are in our right mind it is for you. For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefor all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come!


Madness is what should be aspired for, without those who would act in a radical manner there would not be growth. Different perspectives are a catalyst for change in the hearts of those who need the change. Madness encompasses all the meanings that are needed, madness, radicaly devoted, profound love, unchecked ambition.
The greatest compliment that can be paid to a Christian is an accusation of "madness", the apostle were accused, Paul was accussed, Elijah and Mosses, and JESUS. let us be madly in love, madly devouted and madly ambitous.

jordan c

3 Comments:

At 2/08/2005 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jordan, first off, I just want say praise God for you; it is so obvious that you are growing so much. You have really gone for a run in your walk with Christ!

And, this scripture and what you said about it really applies to what I was thinking about this evening. I always seem to struggle with really truly worshiping; you know, I sing along with the songs, and for the most part my heart believes what I am saying. But, I am constantly wondering if I am singing on tune (and if someone can hear me!) or if someone would think I was weird for raising my hands and really praising God. So, God has been working on me with this. This leads into this summer: God needs to make me obedient in worship so I can more effectively share with others about Christ.

All this relates to our ideas about service and witnessing on the weekends (or even our nights off) this summer. People are going to think we are crazy for witnessing at Cross Creek mall or performing random acts of service. We just can't get focused on what others will think of us.

I really have faith that this summer is going to be outstanding spiritually. We've all been there long enough to know how camp runs and we are all spiritually mature enough to see the spiritual needs that could be met this summer. So, let's really put our faith and our efforts in this summer...God WILL make huge changes through us.

Love,
Jordan M

 
At 2/09/2005 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A quick thing about worship...i think sometimes we can forget what its really all about. We worship to glorify His name, so why shouldnt we go all out to glorify such an AMAZING creator? Also, i dont have a scripture reference for this right now, but the more we praise Him and send glory up, the more His glory will come down. "draw near to God, and he will draw near to you" I think all of us could use a little work on focsuing only on Him when we're worshipping.

Luke

 
At 2/09/2005 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jordan, dear, it makes me soo happy to see you seeking after God. It is so refreshing because I know that you have been going through some difficult times and such, but seeing you so on fire for God is so exciting.

I definitely used the 2 Corinthinans 5:17 verse in the "Who am I" paper I had to write for GNED. I am not really sure if the paper is quite what the teacher wants, but I couldn't get off God and the happiness that I experience in Him and the changes he can make, the freshness and new creation that Jesus provides for us. Guys, I am soo happy.

"I will dance, I will sing, to be mad for my King"

You all know that is one of my FAVORITE songs, and the verse from Hosea and the comments you guys have made just reinforce it! Ahh, we should be butt-crazy in love with God and not afraid of who knows. Whether it be in worship through singing our lungs out to praise God, getting into motions (even though I know some of you aren't so hot on motions---make your whole body a prayer and offering), going out and talking up Jesus, making Him famous, or just the way we carry ourselves around people. A joyful heart, a crazy and beautiful, Christ seeking heart radiates and is magnetic.

I'm so blessed to know you guys, I just want to let you know that, and I love you all and miss you dearly. I cannot wait for to see what God will use us for this summer, but I know He is laying a strong sense of outreach and service and joy on our hearts, and that is sooo exciting.

-brooke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home