The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Thursday, February 03, 2005

So recently i have about the greatest thirst for God in my entire life, and its probably because i have so few things distracting me right now, and i don't have a campus ministry or church yet so i've been listening to Louie Giglio's sermons online and he spoke about being reborn in God recently and listen and it was awesome any way the scripture he used was from Romans

Romans 6:15-16
What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means! Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey -- whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

Romans 7:15-8:2

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do–this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

   So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God–through Jesus Christ our Lord!

   So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Therefore, there is now for those who are in Christ Jesus, BECAUSE THROUGH CHRIST JESUS THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT OF LIFE SET ME FREE FROM THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH


During this message i wrote in my bible I DIE FREE, while this is a battle cry of many slave rebellion, isn't that though what Christianity is, a rebelion against sin and death, a fight against the devil so we have been led to freedom, born into freedom by God, that is just awesome.
But at the same time how many times i have not done what i should have done in order to stregthen this rebellions, I have the key to the shackels around the lives of people i go to class with or play video games with and i have not used that key and thus have left these friends shackeled to the walls of sin and death, further I have not always adequetly combated the evil that i do not what to do but let my self do but only through God can i free myself and others from those demons that do not tire, By GRACE I have been save and without that grace where would i be

Jordan C

this is the sight for a couple of Louie Giglios sermons.
http://www.268generation.com/thirsty/louies_message_frameset.htm


2 Comments:

At 2/03/2005 11:03 AM, Blogger livetoshine said...

Yeah, so this is another one of those things that is all connected to the things God has been revealing to me lately. Especially the part about how we are fighting the rebebllion against sin and death, yet rebellion involves action and how little do I act.

God has really been laying it on my heart lately to make my life more of an acting ministry, to reach out to people more, and be bold about sharing my faith with those people who I interact with. Sometimes its so embarassing to think of how many opportunities we pass up on a daily basis. There are a couple of things through Campus Crusade though that I really feel God calling me to do and that I think will help me in being more prepared to be more of an outreach.

And on the topic, I know i brought with up with jordan mccoy but I was thinking about the summer and about outreach type of stuff and I was thinking that it would be a really awesome idea if for a little bit of each of our weekends we go out and do something that will help spread God's love. Random acts of kindness, some kind of service, just something that's not of us. I think it will make our summers and our faiths more fruitful. and its not something we have to all do as a group, although that would be cool sometimes, but you know, just something.

 
At 2/03/2005 11:49 AM, Blogger JtotheSstaff said...

strong, brotha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home