The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Let's Get It Started In Here

I just took my first calc 3 test of the semester. I think it went ok. We shall see when I get it back if staying up studying until 3:30 am payed off. Man, I need a nap.

I only have one more class today, and it's swimming. Too bad I have a few other things to do too. I have to go to the CHASS (college of humanities and social sciences) major/career fair in just a few, then I will go swimming, eat lunch and then come back here to shower. At 2 pm I have a meeting with a woman from the Triangle area Red Cross to plan the blood drive that my RA committee wants to do in March. Hopefully after that I can get a nap in, because I am on duty tonight. I only have to be at the desk from 8 to 11 pm, but I have to be in the building otherwise. Hopefully I won't get any fun phone calls in the middle of the night.

On a different note, I came across this verse last night during my quiet time:
"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." --2 Corinthians 1:21
Sounds like a banking system :o). But how COOL is that? His seal of ownership.

Also, some songs really get to me--just think how powerful "Worlds Apart" by Jars of Clay would be LIVE in concert. Blows my mind. Jeremy Camp also has some songs that are pretty stinkin' powerful worship songs (if you ever get the chance to see the man in concert, you MUST go). His song "My Desire" is super good:

This is my desire
This is my return
This is my desire
To be used by You

And I know my heart is to feel You near
And I know my life--it's to do Your will

Kind of reminds me of Audio A's "Hands and Feet"

Anyways, this is a flippin long post
so, I'm out
jordan m

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home