The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

What up?

Should i be an RA next year? If i'm not an RA where should i live? I also thought about asking what i should do this summer since i gotta be deciding that too...but i dont think i'd hear anything new from you folks so never mind.
Ummm.........i dont really feel like saying much else, i guess i dont have much to say. I did receive a pretty cool word from one of my campus ministers in the middle of a prayer meeting monday morning. It was pretty sweet and he was dead-on with what he said about me and what will be going on with me this semester (i'm a little unsure about going around sharing it with everyone right now for some reason...so i'm gonna with-hold details for the moment). But anyways, i'm really excited about how God will be moving in my life and in VCM this semester (although i admit i'm a little afraid because i have some doubts that i need to get rid of so my faith will be true with what we're believing to happen...). I think right now though that my next big step is to begin to step out and act more on what God tells me. For examples, there have been instances when i was spending time with God and i knew He was telling me to get up and just go witness to someone. But....i didnt trust him and i didnt go do it. Its this kind of faith that God wants me to gain and demonstrate--just stepping out and doing things that i dont want to or dont make sense. When i learn to do that more and more...i believe God will release more of His power in my life.
The message at VCM monday looked at a parable in Ezekiel that spoke of a river and walking through it--at first ankle deep, then knee deep, then waist deep, then deep enough that it becomes uncrossable. The water represents God's grace (well defined as "God's enabling power") in our lives, and the different depths levels in our walk (as in at first you might be ankle deep, then as you grow you become knee deep, etc.). But how do we get to each new step? By faith. SO, for us to see God's grace released more powerfully on our lives we gotta increase our faith. Also in the message were seven things that prevent our faith to increase. One of course is fear--one of my problems i just mentioned above. ANYWAYS, thats one thing going on with me right now and i hope that speaks to ya'll too--strive to increase that faith in your daily life.

Luke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home