The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I'm Here!!!!

HEY!!
This is the first chance I have had to get to some internet access; it's
10:23 here right now, so it's 5:23 at home. It didn't take long to adjust
to the time zone (I was just really tired the first night in the hotel).

Due to possible bad weather later in the week, we switched the itinerary
up a little, so yesterday we went to Bath (way cool!) and today we went to
York (EVEN COOLER). It just amazes me how old stuff is here. York
Minster (the cathedral in York) is the biggest Gothic cathedral in
Northern Europe and it was built in the 13th century. I also saw a
fortress today in York that was attacked in 1069--that shows you hold that
is.

London is a busy busy place, but I really like it a lot. The subway
system wasn't hard to catch onto at all, I'm practically a pro at it.
I've gotten to see so much cool stuff, like Westminster Abbey (which has
the coronation chair that has been used since Edward somebody in the early
1300s, and Chaucer's, other writers, and lots of royals remains).

I've had fish and chips twice so far--not bad, I kinda like it.

Everything here is really expensive; it's about 2 dollars to the pound,
but prices here are the same as at home--except its all in pounds. That
means that even that hamburger at McD's that is 3.45 dollars at home is
3.45 pounds here. I've been trying to budget the best I can.
There's so much I want to tell you guys, but it will have to wait until I
am home!
Well I need to go,
I LOVE YOU!!!!
Jordan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home