The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Thursday, August 11, 2005

There is no place like home - but I sure am campsick

So it is my first day at home - and I already miss everybody to death. I must say I am enjoying just chilling out and buying new clothes (since the camp washing machine brutally attacked all of my clothes and put holes in them)...but i miss everybody so much. I really enjoyed the summer. I feel like i truly was challenged and grew. When I look back on it, i sort of have trouble summing it up all in this blog - it was a slew of emotions, exhaustion, and joy. However, it doesnt matter how i view it - one camper letter makes it worth it - just knowing that I was the tool used to change one persons life makes all the sweat and tears miniscule and nonexistant in comparison. Nomatter how hard camp life was this summer, that is where I feel God at work, and that will always be my home away from home. Other than that, I loved the staff this year, and being able to hang out with most of you guys every weekend was an amazing experience. We better hold true to the pact of going to see each other this year- because last year's "visiting" wasn't sufficient.

Now I face the new voyage of college - and to tell you the truth I dont think it has totally set in yet. I am scared out of my mind though - so wish me luck. And if you are at state (jordan or luke) I might be down there this weekend seeing some of my friends off to school - and would love to drop by and see you.

I love and miss you all.
Petra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home