The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Friday, November 18, 2005

BANGARANG!!!

ah yes, every friday instead of class we do an online discussion for eng. 1100, and today a girl posted this as her favorite quote from a movie or book.
If I could have a favorite saying from a movie it would have to be “bangarang”. Okay I know that does not make sense at all. But if you ever watched the movie Hook with Robert Williams you would know that is what the lost boys say all the time. There is no real meaning to the term “bangarang”. I mean in a round about way when it is said you could imply that it could mean: cool, in your face, what’s with that, ewww, amazing, it’s all good. When I was a little kid and I saw this movie I always wanted to be part of peter pan’s gang, even though I would be the only. If you ever watched the movie hook you would understand. Neverland just looks oneiric. Then add the word bangarang and this little seven year old thought she was cool. Plus as a little girl I thought Rofio ( the head boy) was kind of cute and that was his word also. But really if I go back and think about it really for the most part what mad me really enticed to use bangarang was my cousin Chris who always was getting into trouble. You know the bad boy eight year old who had a dirty mouth and spent half of his day in his room. Well Chris owned Hook and we didn’t so, every time we visited his house that is what we watched and it was almost like a delectable treat- eeww I was being a bad little Brooke….Bangarang. Bangarang until the point that I was like in trouble. But really Hook brings back a lot of good memories of spending time with my cousin, like traveling in their van since they had a tv and vcr before anyone else that I knew did, or late nights in the playroom running around like hooligans pretending to be lost boys…well at least a lost girl. But it’s all bangarang.

It just brought back memories of camp. :- D
stephen

3 Comments:

At 11/21/2005 6:06 PM, Blogger livetoshine said...

Bangarang goodness...but yeah...totally ROBIN williams not Robert Williams

 
At 11/21/2005 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol yea mos def Robin Williams, not robert.... anywho
OUT lie many college stuents three days before they are supposed to..
stephen

 
At 11/27/2005 9:13 PM, Blogger ME said...

Oh my goodness. So it was ironic. I came across this post and that night hook was on. Camp. Good memories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home