The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

No One Seems to Want Help

So, as some of you know, this semester I started tutoring for a program called TRiO. Well I've been working for two weeks now and not a single student has come in for help. Basically all of us tutors sit in the lab and do our homework and get paid for it, I'm not complaining, it's just kind of funny, and it leaves my nights wide open because I get all my work done during the day, not everyone else does though so I usually just play Text Twist or something on my computer.

I am really excited about this semester, I've just had a really good feeling about it since before I got back to school. The tutoring is fun, I really like the people I work with and hopefully it will be providing some cool witnessing opportunities, a chance to pour into people in both a practical (academic needs) and spiritual way. So that's exciting. Plus my classes are awesome. I'm taking a Developmental Movement course and soon we are going to get to work with the kids in the pre-school on campus, naturally, I'm stoked. I'm also taking a Stats class which should be lame but the professor is hilarious so that makes it all good. I'm digging my Comparitive religion class and I'm even enjoying my Critical Thinking, Reading and Writing (the last of my Winthrop required courses). Plus, I'm a fan of aerobic walking. So yeah things are good and overall I must say that I am really happy, God's definitely blessing me with loads of peace, which is awesome.

However, I am really struggling with intimacy with God, I really want to be in a place where I feel emotionally "there" with God, and I know it's going to come when God feels I can handle it, so like I said, I'm at peace, but it's just a struggle. I kinda feel like I am on the verge of some breaking, where God's gonna mess me around and then build me back up, honestly I'm really hoping he does.

But yeah, that's kind of the abridged update for you guys, lots of goodness and learning going on, so, it's good.

I hope everything is going well with all of you, I love you all.

brooke

1 Comments:

At 1/25/2006 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for Brooke! Things sound awesome, you are into some pretty sweet stuff.

I want help this semester....tutor me.

luke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home