The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I'm outta here

At 4 PM I'm heading over to RDU, and at 6:19 PM my flight leaves for Houston! From Houston I'll fly south to Rio de Janeiro, with a short pause in Sao Paulo on the way. I'll get there around 8:20 EST. To my knowledge, Rio is 3 hours ahead of EST.

Getting super super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna go see the big Jesus (Cristo Redentor) who is 125 feet tall and overlooks Rio.
To see tons of pictures of where I'm going and who I'll be with (minha irmã - "my sister"), here's my sister's webshots.

Love you all!
Jordan M

5 Comments:

At 4/12/2006 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad he lives in belo horizonte, not rio. ;) That city is kinda far away from here - Brazil is a huge country after all. anyways, all is well here in rio; it's a large bustling city, with small mountains and the ocean all in one place. and, i know that you guys will envy this: it's so bloomin' hot here...not just warm, but super humid. anywho, gotta go, love you all!

jordan m

 
At 4/13/2006 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you go to brazil everyday?!?!?!?! o wait you play om live? lol
stephen

 
At 4/13/2006 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your momma

 
At 4/16/2006 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let us know when you return safely.
I hear there are small fish in the Amazon that swim up your pee and grow inside you (painfully). Let us know about those too.

Luke

 
At 4/17/2006 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am back, safe and sound. My flight got in at about 11:10 this morning.

Although the parks in the city are rainforest, I was not near the Amazon (sadly), so I'm not sure of what to tell you about little fishies going where they shouldn't. I will say, though, that instead of squirrels they have micos (little monkeys) and that it is a general practice to not flush toilet paper (you throw it away in a trash can in the stall with you). So after 5 days of concentrating really hard on "don't flush the TP, don't flush the TP" when using a restroom facility, it is nice to be back in a place that allows me to flush away the evidence of my bathroom visits. And, just a heads up, apparently it will probably be like that in Peru also.

Here's to new experiences!
JMM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home