The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Sunday, March 20, 2005

So How About That

Ah, what a great weekend--so good to see you all! Well, minus 2--we missed you, Petra and Heather!

I really got a lot out of this weekend, and it was definitely very reassuring and encouraging to hear that Gene, Tim and Anessa have very direct goals and very high standards. I was so glad that they let us and everyone else know up front what they expect out of the staff and what we can expect from them, and what we can expect from this summer. And, of course, so much joy to hear that God layed on our hearts the same thing that He layed on their hearts--that God is going to do CUH-RAZY stuff this summer. When I was talking to Anessa about it, she summed it up with "Well, hold on to your seat!"

Another note: honestly, I really liked "the Hot Seat." I hope we do it during staff training.
Countdown to camp: 59 days until May 18th.

jordan m

1 Comments:

At 3/23/2005 9:42 AM, Blogger livetoshine said...

The weekend was definitely amazing and has made me even more excited about the summer and all that is going to go down. I really think the staff is going to be super solid this summer and I think that will cut down on a lot of the issues like extreme cliquiness, looking down at the j-staff, and even some of the gossiping stuff thats occurred in other summers. I also like that Gene is laying it down right in front of us of what he expects and that we all so far seem to be on the same page.

Although, I must admit, the weekend made me realize that there is definitely some spiritual growth I need to go through in preparation for the summer if I really want to be on top of my game and fully able to do what God needs me to do this summer.

And of course, we all need to be so persistant with our prayers for the summer--for camp, Gene, the campers, the staff, just everything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home