The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Thought you should know

1. Woot

Woot originated as a hacker term for root (or administrative) access to a computer. However, with the term as coincides with the gamer term, "w00t".

"w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement.

Examples:
"I defeated the dark sorcerer! Woot!"
"woot! i r teh flagmastar!" (Think Tribes)
"Woot, I pwnzed this dude's boxen!"

I researched that and developed the definition myself, by the way. Call me a master of language
Luke

3 Comments:

At 3/16/2005 5:58 PM, Blogger livetoshine said...

ahh lukas...it is stuff like this that makes me realize why i like you so much. you are quite the little master of language...

 
At 3/16/2005 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHH YES it is used so muhc in the gamer world, I would know. : ) Tis a great word, and yes Luke that definition is number 1. : )
sb

 
At 3/18/2005 8:32 PM, Blogger ME said...

Hey All. Please pray for me. I test for blackbelt tomorrow morning

 

Post a Comment

<< Home