The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Celebrating Singleness

So, today, August 11th, marks the 2nd anniversary of my singleness. The beginning of my senior year feels as if it were forever ago. 2 years is a long time, and praise God for teaching me so much during this period. Singleness is a gift, and I am still learning about it and from it.


On a different subject, I just want to ask you guys to be praying for me and my dorm; I feel like God has piled people at my feet who don't know Jesus. There are 22 RAs on my staff and I can count the number of real, strong Christians on one hand. My staff is chockfull of agnostics/atheists, people who think they are Christians but their lives don't reflect Christ, and people who strongly support the gay/lesbian/bisexual community. And, by looking at my residents on Facebook (most have not moved in yet), I have several girls, especially in my suite, that are very liberal and like to party. I just ask for prayers for these people and for me, that I find strength in God's word and that I don't let doubts creep in. God is going to be huge this year. I just have to let God work in me and through me. And, yes, it really kinda scares me.

I miss you kids
Love
McCoy

4 Comments:

At 8/11/2005 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a welcome back to the real world...

 
At 8/13/2005 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, sign your posts

jordan

 
At 8/14/2005 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you should tell which jordan you are

luke

 
At 8/14/2005 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was pretty sure it was mccoy, but not for certain.

luke
(this was a fairly useless comment)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home