The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Looking back in my journal...

So, this evening, as I was beginning my devotion time, I decided to flip back in my journal (this particular one goes from the end of April until the present). An entry not of my normal format caught my eye. It read:

Friday, May 27th, 2005
Staff training draws to a close.

Summer begins.

I am going to run a race; I can already feel my heart beating hard and my breath gasping in and out of my lungs.

Summer begins. Praise God.


Now, after having a giggle at my attempt at being somewhat poetic, I realized that I had made a good point about the summer. It wasn't going to be a long trek like past summers had seemed - it was going to be a race. Like that 20K I ran. Even when I got tired at mile 11 (well I was tired well before then) and I thought it would be nice to walk for a short distance, my muscles kept twitching and jumping and I was forced to keep moving. Like this summer, we were tired since staff training, but even towards the end, if we had tried to slow down, we couldn't. God kept us twitching and jumping even though we thought that our bodies should be ready to give out. God sustained us. There is no doubt about that.

In any case, I just wanted to share that, and I would share other things I found in my journal that are really quite funny, but this is turning into a much longer post that I intended. And it's late. So, goodnight all.

Jordan M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home