The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Saturday, October 15, 2005

"The Greatest Enemy to the movement of Jesus Christ is Chritianity" Erwin McManus

Ok heres my spiritual life right now, thanks to Catalyst God has redirected me, and I'm listening to God again, and I haven't had time to process it all. I believe my unhappiness this summer, was in God's plan to move me into his direction. But the most depressing thing I've heard in a long time is the fact that the average American is more afraid of "Eveangelical Christians" then serical killers. Because television preachers, and evangelicals, condemn men to death. When Jesus is a life giver and there was no Christian outrage brought against him. Donald Miller talked about 3 pardigm shifts during his speaking time there are more in his book that i haven't been able to read yet but they were
1. Other People Exsist.
2. Nobody will listen to you, unless they know you like them.
3. People have to understand that God loves them. Christianity means a million things to a million different people.
McManus pointed out that we have to make our relationships about them instead of us.
Both Miller and McManus pointed out the need for diversity, surronding ourselves with people who validate us, will not challenge us to think in different ways.
Im well aware of the fact that I need to work on this myself but im filling you in on me and what im facing.

I feel like I make a difference this summer, more so here then anwhere else, all the thoughts and ideas running through my head are much more condcive to this environment. I think that the Methodist Church needs something new, and no where is new more important to be but in the hearts and minds of youth and youth leaders.

Finally it greatly upset me about Stephens comment on why Katrina happened. If that were the case than God would have had to strike the world. I believe an important function of grace is Freewill and while I believe that God has reason for everything I don't believe Katrina was about killing sinners, and destorying dins of inquity or every city and state in the country would need to be struck down.

I want to make clear my position on Homosexuality, because its an issue greatly plaguing the church in our time, I believe that homosexuality is a sin and in no way support it, I don't believe Homosexuals should become ordained, however, John 8:7 says as you all know, "He who is without sin cast the first stone" Thus it is imperative that not condemn homosexuals, but we should reach out to them as we were reached.

peace
jordan cauley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home