The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I've Fallen In Love

I must say, I have quite honestly fallen in love...with Europe. I knew Italy would be grand, and it was, but oh dear how I do adore Germany. It's a good thing I've got you guys back in the states otherwise I might just stay here forever.

Ahh the trip has been so fantastic, I have an internet card now and as of right now I still have 77 minutes so I should be able to post a little bit more periodically until we leave on Monday.

Italy was wonderful, but the whole first week of our trip was really really rushed because we were touring and kept having to get from place to place, and Rome was a bit of a disappointment, but the past few days have been so awesome.

Today was the first official day of World Youth Day and guys, there are about 800,000 people here and we had a HUGE opening Mass and then a MASSIVE dance party afterwards, I must say, Americans definitely lack in the just cutting loose and dancing category but the Europeans and South Americans have got it down...the folks from Italy and Chile were going crazy. It's absolutely insane how many people are here and to see everyone from so many countries. It's really amazing. It's kind of hard with all the language barriers but it's really awesome.

I really have been praying for God to reveal some stuff to me this week, about just were I stand on some things, especially in the Church realm, but just seeing so many people love Jesus and having everyone from all over the world together makes my heart sing.

Well I am gonna jet for now, but I love you all and miss you very much. Thought I would post and let you know that I am safe, having a blast, and haven't gotten in any trouble in Europe.

Ciao
Brooke

(my time is European time)

2 Comments:

At 8/17/2005 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say, this post truly brings great joy to my day. It's good to hear from you brooke! I am glad that your european ventures are so wonderful and hope that God will rock you hard! And thank for the "european shoutout" message that you left as well. Anywho, i expect we will all hear from you upon your return!

peace out...
luke

 
At 8/17/2005 5:55 PM, Blogger JtotheSstaff said...

Glad to hear you are having a great time in europe - it sounds awesome. I want to hear all about it when you get back!
-petra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home