The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Monday, September 19, 2005

Boys who know the "Mixed Company" Rule

I was out at dinner last night for our last New Leaders' Meeting for Crusade, and I ended up at a table with two (who are married) of our West Campus staff members and some fellas that are in Rich's (the husband) Bible study or discipleship or something. Anyways, as they are sitting down, one of them says "Oh, Rich, I have a story to tell you" and the other guy laughs a little and then they said "well, it will wait...mixed company." And they didn't make a big scene out of it; in fact they said the entire conversation in a quiet enough manner that it was possible that I don't think my co-leader heard anything of it.

But, I was so glad to hear that - that there are boys out there that are very aware of who is around them, what is appropriate to say and when they can say it. And I'm sure that the story they had to tell was not some terrible, perverse event, but it was just something that was better left in the company of men.

It was such a relief especially since I often feel as if the guys on my staff have not seen the importance in this rule. My co-RA is the worst - he has no concept of respect for women, and breaking the mixed company rule is almost the least of his problems.

And, it made me glad that someone else says "mixed company."

love
jmmmmm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home