The Chronicles of The Best They Ever Had

Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. -Acts 2:43-47

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

My new outlook

I read this devotion last night, that basically said that most Christians are afraid to take the jump into full commitment. We spend so much of our time saying that we devote all of our life to God, but not actually acting on it. I really noticed that lately this has been me. I say that I want to grow, but yet make no attempts to change my life. Like the devotion said, I am too scared to ruin my own reputation for my faith. Instead, I need to basically live everything in him, even though it will upset those around me. This is true concept, as I have realized lately. I finally decided to make the attempt to devote EVERY single aspect of my life. As I know this will be a hard step, I am taking it one baby step at a time. Each week, or every other week, I am choosing a different habit to cutt out of my lifestyle, a habit that does not glorify God. While I know I am not being heathonous (spelling check on that), I know that I could be much more holy than I am now. It has started with a single baby step, and I am working toward giving up one of my bad habits. Keep me to this plan of action, right now i think it is the only thing that can guarentee a closer relationship.
-Petra

3 Comments:

At 12/01/2004 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! When you make a decision like this and stick to it, the Man upstairs will take you further than you ever expected.
You're in my prayers!

love
Jordan M

 
At 12/01/2004 4:15 PM, Blogger JtotheSstaff said...

Woot continue on those baby steps and you will go further!!!!!
~Stephen~

 
At 12/07/2004 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home